Wednesday 25 June 2014

 Today's Eyeliner is Maybelline New York's, Long Lasting Gel Eyeliner. I have this in two colours one being the obvious one being black and the other colour is a purple colour called Eggplant.

I really liked this gel liner in the black, it is very creamy, pigmented and it does last all day, the only issue I did find with it was the fact it actually did smudge although it says it doesn't. The best way to stop any gel liner from smudging (I always do this no matter what the make is, unless i'm testing it.) I set the gel with a light covering of eye shadow that matches the colour of the gel, this prevents any smudging and sometimes can add quite a nice effect if you use one with sparkles.

I loved the colour of this it was so vibrant and after trying the black I had high hopes for the eggplant colour... unfortunately i was faced with disappointment. The gel was very had to work with, it was still very pigmented and it didn't smudge without a eye shadow setting it. i had to use a lot of the product to get the thick look i wanted this wasn't because it lacked pigment it was because it just was so dry once it was on the brush, when it should of just glided across my eyelid I found i had to really pack the product on the brush and had to be a little rough.


Once on it does last all day, this does NOT smudge but does was off easily with a eye makeup remover so you are not going to damage you skin rubbing it off.
 what I do really like about these product is that you can use them on your water line and your tight line, this looks great if you want a really dramatic look but since I wear this for work day to day i try to keep it pretty basic.


I really do like this finished look with the Eggplant colour but I would not buy it again, I felt it was just to much work for what is supposed to be a simple twist on a quick and easy look. If you did want to try it I bought mine from boots for £7.99 but I would recommend trying the black gel liner, easy to use if you aren't confident enough to use liquid plus i feel when you use gel liners it softens your eyes.

Click here to see what Maybelline has to say about their product.

No comments:

Post a Comment